Update AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat
The most awaited Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is now available for Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337. This update brings all the goodies of Android 4.4.2 KitKat and brings some new features and enhancements. The status and notification panel has received a slightly new design layout, new full screen mode, color emoji support, enhanced security and better power management so you can expect better battery life after updating to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. The phone dialer app has received some enhancements; now you can look up contacts directly from the dialer app. Gallery app now has some new photo editing options like new filter effects, crop options, photo adjustments etc. It is reported that the overall performance of the phone has been increased. If you have AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 you should have received the update notification. Otherwise, you can download the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 OTA file and flash it. This will increase the build number to KOTH49H.I337UCUFNB1.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the phone model is AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 by going to “System settings>About device”.
Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA update:
- Download Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 update OTA zip file from this link and save it on your computer. Alternatively, you can download the file directly on your phone.
- Connect the phone to computer and transfer the OTA zip file to phone’s root folder.
- Turn off the phone and turn on in recovery mode. To do this simultaniously press Power+ Home + Volume up button and follow on screen instruction to enter recovery mode.
- Once you are in recovery mode select the option to flash zip file from internal memory or SD card where you have placed the OTA zip file.
- Reboot the phone when the flashing process is complete.