ASUS is most popular for their Nexus and Transformer series of Android tablets. But they manufactures some high-end smartphones as well. ASUS PadFone Infinity 2 is the second generation device from their PadFone series. ASUS PadFone Infinity 2 packs really interesting hardware under the hood. The device features 5 inch LCD display with Full HD 1080p resolution. ASUS PadFone Infinity 2 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 SOC which is one of the most powerful chipset available in the market right now. Adreno 330 GPU is taking care of all graphics and gaming needs. The phone comes with 2 GB RAM and available with 16 or 32 GB internal memory capacity. There is also a microSD card slot which supports cards up to 64 GB capacity. ASUS PadFone Infinity 2 has 13 MP rear camera which is capable of shooting Full HD video and there is also a 2 MP front facing camera. It has 2,400 mAh battery and runs Android 4.2.2 Android Jelly Bean operating system.
Rooting ASUS PadFone Infinity 2 is quite simple. It takes just a few minutes. You need a Windows computer and USB cable to root ASUS PadFone Infinity 2. The root process is easy; we shall be using the popular Kingo Android one click Rooting tool to root ASUS PadFone Infinity 2.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the phone model is ASUS PadFone Infinity 2 by going to “System settings>About device”.
How to root ASUS PadFone Infinity 2
- Download Kingo Android Root from this link and install on your computer.
- Once the installation process in complete; start the Kingo Android Root on the computer.
- Now connect the phone to the computer using USB cable. Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled on the phone.
- It will take some time to install all the essential drivers so wait some time until the process is complete.
- When all the drivers are installed, you will see a new screen on your computer. Kingo Android Root will show your device name and there will be a big “ROOT” button.
- Now click on the “ROOT” button to root Rooting ASUS PadFone Infinity 2. The rooting process will take some time.
- Once the process is complete you will see a “Root Suceeded” message on the computer screen. The phone will reboot now.
This was the process to root ASUS PadFone Infinity 2 using Kingo Android Root. Once the rooting is complete, open the app drawer and you will notice “Super SU” app. This app might have an older version, so it is recommended to update it from the Google Play Store. To check whether you have successfully rooted the phone or not install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.