LG recently unvelied their latest flagship mobile LG G2. It is an impressive smartphone with cutting edge hardware and software features. LG G2 boasts a brilliant 5.2″ Full HD IPS display on the front. Interestingly the power and volume buttons are located on the rear side of the phone. LG G2 is powered by latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset clocked at 2.26GHz accompanied by updated Adreno 330 GPU. There is 2GB RAM and 32GB internal memory. LG G2 features brilliant 13MP camera with OIS. The phone has a large 3,000 mAh non-removable battery. LG G2 runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with LG custom skin on top.
LG G2 is now available in the US through AT&T for $199 with years contract. AT&T LG G2 has been rooted already, thank to the enthusiastic developers. If you have just received your phone and looking to root AT&T LG G2 the carefully follow this tutroial.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the phone model is AT&T LG G2 D800 by going to “System settings>About phone”.
How to root AT&T LG G2
- First download LG Mobile Driver from this link and install on your computer.
- Setup ADB on computer.
- Connect the mobile phone to the computer using original USB cable. Make sure USB debugging is enabled.
- Start command prompt on computer and type “adb devices”. If everything is working then it will show Serial Number and online.
- Download the rooting tool from this link. The rooting tool is in Chinese language but you should not have any difficulties using it.
- Install the rooting too on your computer and run it while the phone is connected to the computer using USB cable.
- When you start the rooting tool, it will perform some checks and when the checking is finished it will show is pop up screen with model number of the phone LG-D800 and a checkmark.
- On the bottom right you will see a button called “ROOT”. Click on it and the phone will be rooted and it will reboot.
- A Chinese version of Root Manager will be installed. But don’t worry we can replace it with English one. Open Google Play Store and install Superuser app .
- Now open the Superuser app and grant permission by tapping on the right button when a pop up window shows up. Superuser will ask to update the binary, tap on “Install”. Exit the Superuser app from task manager.
- Install Titanium Backup from Google Play Store. Now you can either uninstall or freeze the Chinese Root manager using Titanium Backup.
- Open the Superuser app and once again install superuser binary when prompted. Reboot the phone and now you will have a rooted LG G2.
That’s all! This was the guide to root AT&T LG G2 D800.
No related posts.