How to root AT&T LG Optimus G Pro E980 on Value Pack Android 4.1.2
LG Optimus G Pro is a phablet having 5.5 inch Full HD 1080p display. This phone is powered by 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset which consists of powerful Adreno 320 GPU. There is 2GB RAM and 16/32GB internal memory which can be further expended by microSD card. This phone features 13MP rear camera and 2.1MP front camera. LG Optimus G Pro offers many unique features like Dual recording, QSlide, QuickMemo etc. A beefy 3140 mAh battery is powering the phone.
AT&T LG Optimus G Pro E980 recently received value pack update which brought several new features like Dual Camera mode, Smat Video Pause, Quick Remote, Ability to pause and resume video recording, new set of emoticons in messaging, home button customization and much more. AT&T version of the phone is running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system under the hood. If you have this phone and want to root AT&T LG Optimus G Pro the please follow this tutorial carefully. The AT&T LG Optimus G Pro rooting guide is pretty easy.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it.
- Download LG USB drivers from this link and install it on your computer.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the phone model is AT&T LG Optimus G Pro E980 by going to “System settings>About device”.
How to root AT&T LG Optimus G Pro E980
- Download LG Optimus G Pro root package from this link and extract it on your computer.
- Connect the phone to computer using USB cable and select “Charge only” mode. Alternatively you can navigate to “Settings>General>PC Connection>USB connection type” and change it.
- Please wait minimum 3 minutes before moving to the next step. Let the computer complete the driver installation process.
- Inside the LG Optimus G Pro root package you will find a file named CurrentRoot.bat, double click on it and follow on screen instructions. Please wait till the software successfully detect the phone.
- Now on your phone go to Settings>General>PC Connection>USB connection type” and change the connection type to “Media sys (MTP)” from earlier “Charge Only”.
- Again wait at least 3 minutes till the computer detect the device.
- If you get any error message like “If uid=0(root), gid=0(root) is displayed”, press any key on computer to retry the rooting process.
- Keep retrying the rooting process until you get this message “You are now properly rooted”. Make sure your phone’s screen is turned on when trying to root it. You can set screen time out limit to 10 min.
- When LG Optimus G Pro is successfully rooted, reboot it and disconnect it from computer.
Congratulations you have successfully rooted AT&T LG Optimus G Pro.