AT&T Pantech Discover is an affordable Android smartphone with exciting specification for its price. The phone has large 4.8 inch LCD display with 1280×720 pixel resolution. Pantech Discover is powered by 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 chipset with Adreno 225 GPU. It has 1GB RAM for multitasking need and 16GB internal memory which can be extended by microSD card. On the rear side it has 13 MP camera with LED flash. There is also 2MP front facing camera for self shoot and video calling. AT&T Pantech Discover comes with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system.
It is possible to root AT&T Pantech Discover. The rooting process is not that complicated, you need to configure ADB and Fastboot on computer and run some commands.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t turn off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it.
- Download and install all essential drivers.
- Back up all your important files.
- Make sure the phone model is AT&T Pantech Discover by going to “System settings>About device”.
How to root AT&T Pantech Discover
- Download the recovery-evita.img from this link and move the .img file inside the ADB and Fastboot folder. If you have followed our guide to setup ADB and Fastboot on computer then move the file to C:\Android-ADB folder.
- Download the Superuser.apk and the SU Binary, and copy them root folder of the phone (internal SD).
- Turn off the phone and press Power+Voulme up+Volume down buttons simultaneously until you see a screen where you can use the volume buttons to select fastboot mode, press Power button to select it.
- When the phone is in fastboot mode, connect your phone into your computer and make sure fastboot detects the phone.
- Open computer’s Command Prompt and type the following command to boot into the recovery ”
fastboot boot recovery-evita.img"
- The phone’s disply will go blank, leave it plugged into your computer and wait about a minute for the computer to detect and install all necessary drivers.
- Run these commands to mount your partitions and copy the root files to your /system partition. Don’t forget to hit the Enter key after typing each command.
mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 /system mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /data mount /data/media /sdcard cd /sdcard cp Superuser.apk /system/app/ cp su /system/xbin/ chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
- Type “exit” and then “adb reboot” to restart the phone. Now open the app drawer and you will see SuperSU app installed.
No related posts.