Motorola Atrix HD is a 4G capable Android smartphone with premium build quality. This phone features 4.5 inch HD 720p display with ColorBoost technology. Motorola Atrix HD is powered by 1.5Ghz dual-core Snapdragon chipset. There is 1GB RAM for better multitasking capability. This phone has built-in 8GB memory which can be further expanded by MicroSD card. Motorola Atrix HD has an 8MP rear camera which can shoot Full HD 1080p video. This phone runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system. Motorola Atrix HD is available in US from AT&T. Thankfully it is possible to root Motorola Atrix HD AT&T version. You can install custom recovery and custom ROM after rooting Motorola Atrix HD. The rooting process is extremely simple. This rooting guide is specifically for Motorola Atrix HD AT&T varient MB886, but it may work on other variants of the phone as well.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it.
- Download Motorola USB drivers from this link and install on your computer.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the phone model is AT&T Motorola Atrix HD MB886 by going to “System settings>About device”.
How to root Motorola Atrix HD AT&T:
- Download Motochopper.zip from this link and extract the zip content in your computer.
- After extracting the zip file you will get a file named Run.bat. Double click on this file to start the program.
- Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable. Make sure USB debugging is enabled.
- The program will detect the phone. Now press any key on computer to root Motorola Atrix HD AT&T version.
This was the guide to root Motorola Atrix HD AT&T using Motochopper. Open application drawer and you will find “SuperSU” app. To check whether you have successfully rooted the phone or not, you can install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.
No related posts.