How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 N7100XXUEMI6 ROM
You might be aware that Android 4.3 test ROM has been leaked for Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It contains several new features and enhancements. The Android 4.3 ROM N7100XXUEMI6 for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is working without any major issues. We have published a detailed guide to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 N7100XXUEMI6 Stock ROM. If you have already updated Note 2 to Android 4.3 leaked ROM then you must be happy to know that it is possible to root Note 2 running Android 4.3. The rooting process is simple,you just need Odin to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 N7100XXUEMI6.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the phone model is Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 by going to “System settings>About device.
- The phone should be running Android 4.3 leaked test ROM N7100XXUEMI6.
Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 N7100XXUEMI6
- Download Odin from this link and extract on your computer. You will get Odin.exe filealong with some other files.
- Download philz_touch_5.15.0-n7100.tar.md5 and save it on computer.
- Turn off the phone and press Home+ Power + Volume down buttons simultaneously until you get to a warning screen. Release the buttons and press Volume up button to continue.
- Run Odin.exe on the computer as administrator.
- When the phone is in download mode, connect it to the computer using USB cable. Odin will detect the phone, the ID:COM box will turn yellow and it will show COM port number. If Odin cannot detect the device then you need to reinstall the USB drivers.
- In the Odin window click on PDA button then select the philz_touch_5.15.0-n7100.tar.md5 file.
- In the Odin window make sure you have unchecked everything except “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time”. Ensure that “Re-Partition” option is unchecked.
- Click on “Start” button to start the installation process.
- The phone will reboot once process is complete. You will see a “PASS” message on the Odin window. Now you can disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Turn on the phone and connect it to the computer.
- Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip and transfer in to the phone’s internal memory.
- Now turn off the phone and enter recovery mode by pressing Home+ Power+ Volume up buttons simultaneously. Now navigate to the SuperSU file and flash it.
- Reboot the phone.
This was the process to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N-7100 running leaked Android 4.3 firmware N7100XXUEMI6. Open application drawer and you will find “SuperSU” app. To check whether you have successfully rooted the phone or not, you can install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.