Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T217S is the Sprint variant of Galaxy Tab 3. There are some differences between this tablet and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 global model. This Android tablet has 7 inch LCD display with 1024×600 px resolution. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is powered by dual-core 1.7 GHz processor. It has 1.5 GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory. There is a microSD card slot which supports cards up to 64 GB. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 features 3 MP rear camera and 1.3 MP front facing camera. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T217S has 4G internet connectivity.
- Make sure that the tablet has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the tablet model is Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T217S by going to “System settings>About device”.
How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Sprint SM-T217S
- Download Odin from this link and extract it to your computer.
- Download T217S.CWM.try15.recovery.tar.zip and save it on your computer.
- Extract the ODIN.zip and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe file. Double click on Odin3 v3.09.exe to start the program.
- Turn off the tablet and turn it on in Download mode. To do this simultaneously press Power+ Home+ Volume Down buttons until you see a warning screen. Follow on screen information to enter download mode.
- Once the tablet is in download mode; connect it to the computer using original USB cable.
- The computer will automatically install all the required drivers. It will take some time to complete the driver installation process. Once it is complete Odin will detect the tablet.
- On the Odin window click on PDA button and select the T217S.CWM.try15.recovery.tar.zip file which you have downloaded previously.
- Ensure that Re-Partition option is unchecked. Now click on the Start button on Odin to flash CWM recovery on the tablet.
- The tablet will reboot when the flashing is complete.
Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Sprint from CWM Recovery:
- Download android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip on your computer.
- Connect the tablet to computer and transfer zip file to the internal memory of the tablet.
- Turn off the tablet and turn it on in CWM recovery mode by simultaneously pressing Power+ Home+ Volume Up buttons.
- Once the tablet is in CWM recovery mode, select install files from zip option and navigate to the folder where you have placed the android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip file and select it.
- Now flash the android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip file and reboot the tablet.
This was the guide to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T217S. Open application drawer and you will find “SuperSU” app. To check whether you have successfully rooted the phone or not, you can install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.