Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 is the flagship tablet from the Korean manufacturer. It packs most powerful hardware and offers useful software features for enhanced tablet experience. Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 features a huge 12. inch IPS LCD display with 2560×1600 pixels resolution. Under the hood it is powered by Hexa-core Exynos chipset clocked at 1.9 GHz speed coupled with 3 GB RAM. This tablet has 8 MP rear camera capable of shooting Full HD video at 30 fps and there is also 5 MP front facing camera for video calling. This tablet comes with 16/32 GB internal memory which can be expended by microSD card. It offers up to 13 hours battery life thanks to the huge 9,500 mAh battery. Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system with Samsung’s Magazine UX on top of that.
- Make sure that the tablet has adequate charge (40-50% minimum) so that it doesn’t turn off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important files.
- Make sure the tablet model is Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 SM-T9000 by going to “System settings>About device”.
How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 on Android KitKat 4.4.2
- Download the download CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip and extract it. You will get CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar.md5 file.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from this link and extract it on your computer.
- Now double click on Odin3 v3.09.exe and start it.
- Turn off the tablet and restart it in download mode by pressing Home+ Power+ Volume down buttons simultaneously. Once the tablet is in download it, connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- Wait some time until Odin detects the tablet and shows blue sign.
- On the Odin window, click on the AP button and select the “CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar.md5″ file.
- Ensure that Re-Partition is unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button to flash the firmware. It will take some time to complete the process.
- The tablet will reboot once the flashing is complete.
If you have followed the guide carefully you will be able to root Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 SM-T9000 running Android 4.4.2. Open application drawer and you will find “SuperSU” app. To check whether you have successfully rooted the tablet or not, you can install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.