How to install Android 4.3 on Nexus 4 [JWR66V OTA] & Root
Guide to install Android 4.3 on Google Nexus 4 and root it: The most awaited Android 4.3 was officially unveiled and released to all Google Nexus devices including Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. Android 4.3 doesn’t bring and significant changes, there are mainly under the hood improvements. The Over The Air (OTA) of Android 4.3 update is available. All Nexus 4 owners who are running stock firmware [Android 4.2.2 JDQ3] and have not rooted their phones probably received the OTA update notification. But if you have rooted your Google Nexus 4 and installed custom recovery then you cannot update Nexus 4 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using the OTA. So here is the guide to manually install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Google Nexus 4 and rooting it after the update. You can skip the second part if you don’s want to root.
How to update Google Nexus 4 to Android 4.3 JWR66V OTA:
- Make sure your phone has adequate charge (40-50% minimum), rooted and have custom recovery installed.
- It is recommended to back up your apps and data before proceeding to next step.
- Download latest Nexus 4 Android 4.3 JWR66V update and save it on the computer.
- Connect Nexus 4 to computer using the USB cable and transfer the OTA.zip file.
- Reboot phone and enter recovery mode Install the OTA.zip file.
How to root Nexus 4 on Android 4.3
If you have completed the previous steps and want to root Google Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 the follow this process carefully.