Manual update AT&T HTC One X to Android 4.1.1
HTC One X was last year’s flagship phone from the Taiwanese company. It has a beautiful unibody design. The phone has a 4.7 inch SLCD 3 display with 720p HD resolution. The AT&T version of HTC One X is powered by 1.5 GHz Dual-core Snapdragon S4 with Adreno 225 GPU. It has 1 GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory. There is a 8 MP rear camera which is capable of shooting Full HD video. AT&T HTC One initially came with Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. A few months ago AT&T released Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for HTC One X. The updated Android brings some performance improvements thanks to the Project Butter. You will also get access to Google Now. There are some other changes as well; here is the official changelog:
- Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) with Google Now
- HTC Sense 4+
- Enhanced Camera application with improved performance
- Enhanced Gallery application with Event and Map views
- New “Hide apps” feature in All apps
- AT&T Drive Mode
- Improved power management
- AT&T Address Book Fixes
AT&T HTC One X should the the update notification on the phone. You can either update using the OTA or manually using RUU. In this guide we are going to show you how to manually update AT&T HTC One X to Android 4.1.1 official ROM. The process is very simple. You need a Windows computer and the original USB cable which came with the phone.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Back up all your important data and files. All data stored on the internal memory card will be deleted.
- Make sure the phone model is AT&T HTC One X. Don’t try to install this firmware on any other HTC One X model.
Manual update AT&T HTC One X to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean official ROM:
- Download the AT&T HTC One X Android 4.1.1 ROM from this link and save it on your computer.
- Download HTC Sync Manager from here and install it on your computer.
- Connect the AT&T HTC One X to the computer using original USB cable. Select “HTC Sync Manager” mode on the phone.
- Now wait sometime till all the drivers get installed on computer and HTC Sync Manager detects the phone.
- Get back to the folder where you have saved the ROM. Double click on the ROM file and follow on screen instructions to install the ROM.
- Once the process is complete click “Finish”.
- The phone will reboot. Disconnect the phone from computer.
This was the guide to manually update AT&T HTC One X to official Android 4.1.1. If you faced any problems then let us know by leaving comments.