Manual update HTC One X to official Android 4.2.2 OTA
HTC One X finally started getting official Android 4.2.2 update in Europe. This update is available for Nvidia Tegra 3 powered HTC One X phone codenamed Endeavor. Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update brings many new features like latest Sense 5 UI, BlinkFeed, new lock screen widgets, quick settings panel, 30 seconds video highlights from HTC One. This update is currently available as OTA and it is around 380 MB in size.
This update is available for HTC One X with following CID: “00000000” , “11111111” , “22222222” , “33333333” , “44444444” , “55555555” , “66666666” , “77777777” , “88888888” , “99999999” , “HTC__001” , “HTC__E11” , “HTC__203” , “HTC__Y13” , “HTC__102” , “HTC__405” , “HTC__304” , “HTC__A07” , “HTC__016” , “HTC__032” , “HTC__M27”.
You can manually update your HTC One X mobile to official Android 4.2.2 OTA.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (40-50% minimum) so that it doesn’t turn off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it.
- Back up all your important files.
- Make sure the phone model is HTC One X (Nvidia Tegra 3 powered) by going to “System settings>About device”.
Warning: Please carefully follow all the steps mentioned in the article. We are not responsible if anything bad happens to your device. Rooting and installing Custom ROM will void manufacturer’s warranty.
Manual update HTC One X to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Make sure that the phone’s bootloader is unlocked and it has custom recovery (CWM) installed.
- HTC One X should be running firmware version 3.20.401.3 otherwise you will receive an error.
- Download HTC One X official Android 4.2.2 OTA file [OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_50_S_HTC_Europe_4.18.401.2-3.20.401.3_release_330300ryyxmahrvif4vkyl.zip] from this link, Mirror)
- Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable and transfer all the files which you got after extracting the zip archive in the previous step.
- Disconnect phone from computer and turn off the phone and enter recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously for 10 second till you see Fastboot screen. On the Fastboot screen select the Recovery option. Use the Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select.
- Once you are in recovery mode, flash the OTA.zip file
- Now return Fastboot.
- Reboot the phone.