The most awaited Android 4.3 update is now available for T-Mobile HTC One. The latest update brings all the new features of the Android 4.3 update along with the latest HTC Sense 5 skin. There are some new features and enhancements like improved low light photos, new lock screen widgets, new quick settings panel in the notification bar etc.
“The update will include new lock screen widgets, numeric battery levels in the status bar, a new quick settings panel in the notification bar, options to configure the home button (hooray), improvements to the camera (always welcomed), and an easier to manage file format for Zoe clips.”
The update is now seeding to all T-Mobile branded HTC One mobiles. It is available as an OTA update which will increase the software version number to 3.24.531.3. The OTA method will not work if you are outside T-Mobile coverage or modified the device. There is an alternative way to manually flash the Android 4.3 ROM to T-Mobile HTC One. In this guide we are going to show you how to manually update T-Mobile HTC One to Android 4.3 official ROM using RUU. You need to download the 1.12 GB RUU file and manually flash it using a Windows computer.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Back up all your important data and files. All data stored on the internal memory card will be deleted.
- Make sure the phone model is T-Mobile HTC One. Don’t try to install this firmware on any other HTC One X model.
Manual update T-Mobile HTC One to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean official ROM:
- Download the T-Mobile HTC One Android 4.3 ROM from this link and save it on your computer.
- Download HTC Sync Manager from here and install it on your computer.
- Connect the T-Mobile HTC One to the computer using original USB cable. Select “HTC Sync Manager” mode on the phone.
- Now wait some time till all the drivers get installed on computer and HTC Sync Manager detects the phone.
- Get back to the folder where you have saved the ROM. Double click on the ROM file and follow on screen instructions to install the ROM.
- Once the process is complete click “Finish”.
- The phone will reboot. Disconnect the phone from the computer.