So you got a shiny new Nexus 7 2013 tablet? Want to unlock Bootloader and experiment some new ROM? The process of unlocking bootloader is pretty simple. It takes just a few minutes to unlock Nexus 7 2013 bootloader. After unlocking bootloader you will be able to install custom recovery like CWM or TWRP and flash customs ROM. Please follow every step of the tutorial carefully. Unlocking bootloader will erase all data stored in the tablet and you will also lose manufacturer warranty. It is recommended to take a complete backup before proceeding.
- Make sure that the tablet has adequate charge (40-50% minimum) so that it doesn’t turn off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Developer options > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About tablet > Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Download Android USB drivers from this link and install on your computer.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on Windows computer.
- Back up all your important files because all data stored in the tablet will be deleted!
Warning: Please carefully follow all the steps mentioned in the article. We are not responsible if anything bad happens to your device. Rooting and installing Custom ROM will void manufacturer’s warranty.
Guide to unlock bootloader of Google Nexus 7 2013
- Connect Nexus 7 to the computer using USB cable.
- Open Command Prompt on the computer and type this following code to boot the tablet into bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- To start the bootloader unlocking process, type this code on Command Prompt
fastboot oem unlock
- On the tablet screen you will be asked to confirm the process. Select ‘Yes’ option using the Volume buttons and confirm it using the Power button. Now the bootloader will be unlocked.
- The tablet will go back to bootloader mode. Select Start your tablet and the device will factory reset and reboot.
You have successfully unlocked Nexus 7 2013 bootloader. Now you can install custom recovery and flash custom ROM on the tablet.