ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME172V is an affordable 7 inch Android tablet. It has a 7 inch display with 1024×600 pixel resolution. ASUS MeMO Pad 7 is powered by 1 GHz single core processor accompanied with 1 GB RAM. There is Mali 400 GPU taking care of all graphics needs. ASUS MeMO Pad 7 has 1 MP front camera which is capable of 720p video recording. The tablet is available with 16 GB internal memory. It has a microSD card slot which supports up to 32 GB cards. ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME172V runs Android 41 Jelly Bean with some enhancements made by ASUS. Overall it is a decent tablet considering the price.
If you own this tablet and looking to root ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME172V then you will be happy to know that you can do it without even using a computer. Using the AMPC app you can root the tablet easily. The app is currently in Beta stage but most of the functions are working fine. The AMPC app supports various functions like root, unroot, dump, restore and much more. This is definitely the easiest way to root ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME172V.
- Make sure that the tablet has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the phone model is ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME172V by going to “System settings>Tablet”.
ASUS MeMO Pad ME172V Root Guide:
- Download AMPC Beta app from this link | Mirror
- You can download the AMPC Beta app .apk file directly from the tablet or on the computer. If you have downloaded in on computer then transfer the file to the table using USB cable.
- Install the app on your tablet. Make sure you have enabled installation from “Uknown” sources.
- Once the installation is complete. Open App drawer and start the AMPC app and follow on screen instruction to root the tablet.
So this was the guide to root ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME172V. To check whether you have successfully rooted the phone or not, you can install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.