Lenovo has released a range of affordable Android tablets under IdeaTab series like IdeaTab A1000, IdeaTab S6000-H. Lenovo Idea Tab A3000 is a 7 inch tablet running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. The tablet is powered by 1.2GHz MediaTek 8125 quad core processor accompanied by Mali 400 GPU. The 7 inch IPS display has a resolution of 1024×600 pixels. Lenovo Idea Tab A3000 has 1 GB of RAM and comes with 16 GB internal memory which can be extended by microSD card. The tablet has 0.3 MP front facing camera for video calling and 5 MP rear camera. There is a 3500 mAh battery which can power the tablet up to 7 hours.
If you are an advanced user you might want to root Lenovo IdeaTab A3000 and modify and optimize the tablet. Fortunately it is possible to root Lenovo IdeaTab A3000 without using computer, You just need to download a .apk file, install it on your tablet and follow on screen instructions and you are done. The complete process takes just a couple of minutes.
- Make sure that the tablet has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About tablet> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the phone model is Lenovo Idea Tab A3000 by going to “System settings>About tablet”.
How to root Lenovo IdeaTab A3000
- Download latest version of Framaroot .apk file from this link and transfer it to the tablet’s internal memory.
- Make sure you have enabled installation of application from unknown sources by navigating to “Setting>Security” and then select “Unknown sources” checkbox.
- Open any file manager and go to the location here you have saved the Framaroot .apk file and install it.
- Now open app drawer and start the app called “Framaroot”.
- Click on Boromir or Faramir and wait till a success message is shown.
- Reboot the tablet. Now your tablet will be rooted.
This was the guide to root Lenovo IdeaTab A3000. Open application drawer and you will find “SuperSU” app. To check whether you have successfully rooted the tablet or not, you can install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.