How to root Motorola Moto G
Motorola Moto G is one of the most popular Android phone which offers flagship Android experience at affordable price. Motorola Moto G has a decent hardware considering the price point. It features 4.7 inch LCD display with 720p HD resolution. The phone is powered by Quad-core 1.2 GHz Snapdragon 400 chipset with Adreno 305 GPU. Motorola Moto G has 1 GB RAM and comes with either 8 GB or 16 GB internal memory options. There is no micro SD card extension though. It has 5 MP rear facing camera which is capable of shooting 720p HD video. There is also 1.3 MP front facing camera for video call. Motorola Moto G has non-removal 2070 mAh battery. This affordable smart phone initially came with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS. Now Android 4.4 KitKat update is available for the device.
If you are an advanced user you might want to root Motorola Moto G and gain super user access to modify and tweak the phone. Rooting Moto G is quite easy; it takes just a few minutes to root the phone. Carefully follow the tutorial to root Moto G.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Back up all your important data and files. All data stored on the internal memory card will be deleted.
- Make sure the phone model is Motorola Moto G X1032 by going to “System settings>About device”.
How to root Motorola Moto G:
- First you need to unlock boootloader of the phone. Follow the official guide here and unlock bootloader. This process will completely wipe your device. So make sure you have made backup of important files. Unlocking and rooting the phone will also void your device’s warrenty. Once the process is complete proceed to the next step.
- Download Superboot r2 from this link and extract the zip file on your computer.
- Now turn off the phone and turn it on while pressing Power button and Volume down button simultaneously until the phone enters bootloader mode.
- Once the phone is in bootloader mode connect it the computer using USB cable. Open the folder where you have extracted the zip file. You will find a file named ‘superboot-windows.bat’. Run it as Administrator and follow on screen instructions to root Motorola Moto G.
This was the guide to root Motorola Moto G. Open application drawer and you will find “SuperSU” app. To check whether you have successfully rooted the phone or not, you can install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.