Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is a successor to the popular Samsung Galaxy Grand. The phone comes with updated hardware and newer Android operating system. Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 features a large 5.25 inch LCD display with 1280×720 pixels resolution. The phone is powered by 1.2 GHz quad-core processor accompanied with 1.5 GB to satisfy all multitasking needs. The rear camera is capable of capturing 8 MP still photos and Full HD 1080p video recording at 30 fps. It has 8 GB internal memory which can be expanded using a MicroSD card. Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7102 is a dual SIM phone which supports two GSM SIM cards. Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 runs Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with Samsung’s Touch Wiz user interface.
If you are a proud owner of this phone and looking to root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 then you will be happy to know that it is possible. You can root this phone with the help of Odin and a pre-rooted firmware. You need a Windows computer and USB cable to root it. In this process we shall be using a pre-rooted ROM which is created by XDA forum member balliboxer. The pre-rooted firmware is based on stock Android 4.3 ROM G7102XXUANA5. This rooting process will erase the internal memory so it is strongly recommended to make a backup of all important files and setting before following the guide.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important data and files. All data stored on the internal memory card will be deleted.
- Make sure the phone model is Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 by going to “System settings>About device”.
How to root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102
- Download pre-rooted stock Android 4.3 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 from this link and save it on your computer. Extract the zip file and you will get all the essential firmware files.
- Now download ODIN from here and extract it on your computer.
- Turn off the phone and reboot it in Download mode. To do this simultaneously press Power+ Home button+ Volume down button. After that follow on screen instruction on the phone to enter Download mode.
- Once the phone is in download mode, connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- Go back to the folder where you have extracted ODIN. Double click on Odin3 v3.09.exe to start the program.
- Wait for a few minutes until all the required drivers get installed and ODIN detects the phone. Now click on the AP button of ODIN and select the firmware file which you got after extracting the ROM.
- Ensure that Re-Partition is unchecked. Click on the “Start” button on ODIN to flash the pre-rooted ROM.
- Now sit back and wait some time until the flashing process in complete. The phone will reboot when it is finished.
So this was the guide to root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 using a pre-rooted Stock ROM. Open application drawer and you will find “SuperSU” app. To check whether you have successfully rooted the phone or not, you can install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.