Guide to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T) SGH-I317: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is an extremely popular Android smartphone manufactured by Samsung. It features 5.5 inch Super AMOLED display with 720p resolution. It is powered by 1.6GHz quad-core Exynos CPU and 2GB RAM. There is Mali 400 GPU taking care of all graphical needs. The phablet features 8MP rear and 1.9MP front cameras. A beefy 3,1000 mAh battery is powering the device.
AT&T varient of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has a model number SGH-I317. Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update is available for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T) SGH-I317 model. If you want to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T) SGH-I317 then carefully follow the tutorial below. The process the fairly simple, we will be using Odin to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T) SGH-I317 model. CF-Auto-Root will be used and SuperSU will automatically get installed. Stock recovery will remain intact.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (40-50% minimum) so that it doesn’t turn off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important files.
- Make sure the phone model is Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T) SGH-I317 by going to “System settings>About device“. This tutorial will not work on the global version of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100.
Warning: Please follow all the steps mentioned in the tutorial carefully. We are not responsible if anything bad happens to your device. Rooting voids manufacturer warranty.
Guide to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T SGH-I317
- Download ODIN from this link and extract to your computer.
- Download “CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.zip” from here and extract it.
- Turn off the phone and press Home+Power+Volume down button simultaneously until you get to a warning screen. Release the buttons and press Volume up button to continue. When the phone is in download mode, connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- Start ODIN and click on PDA button then select the file “CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar.md5″
- On the ODIN window make sure “Repartition” is unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T version.
- Once the rooting process is complete the phone will reboot.
- Now your phone will be rooted.
This was the guide to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T) SGH-I317. To check whether the phone is successfully rooted or not you can use any Root permission checking app from Google Play Store. If you need any more help, then leave queries in the comment section.