Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is second generation Android tablet from Samsung. It is a 10.1 inch tablet powered by 1GHz Dual-core TI OMAP 4430 chipset and there is 1GB RAM for multitasking need. The graphics department is handled by PowerVR SGX540 GPU. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 is 3G capable version of the tablet which support 3G connectivity along with Wi-Fi. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 initially shipped with Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich, now Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. If you have updated your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and want to root it then carefully follow this process.
Make sure your tablet has adequate charge (40-50% minimum) so that it doesn’t turn off in between the process. Enable USB debugging by going to Settings Developer options USB debugging and select it. Install all essential USB drivers on PC. If you have Samsung Kies installed on your Windows computer then you don’t need to install the drivers manually. The tablet should be running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean stock ROM.
Warning: Please follow all the steps mentioned in the tutorial carefully. We are not responsible if anything bad happens to your device. Rooting voids manufacturer warranty.
Guide to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100
- Download CF-Auto-Root and Odin 1.85 and extract these archives on your computer.
- Turn off the tablet and turn it on while pressing Power button and Volume down button pressed simultaneously. You will see Android logo on the screen, now press Volume down key once again to enter the tablet to Download mode.
- Start the ODIN on computer by clicking on ODIN.exe file. Now connect the tablet on computer. The ID:COM portion of the ODIN window will turn to Green or Yellow.
- Now click on the PDA and browse and select the CF-Auto-Root-espresso10rf-espresso10rfxx-gtp5100.zip file.
- Make sure that only F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot check boxes are checked on the Odin.
- Click on the Start button to initiate the process. It will take some minutes, the ID:COM box will show PASS! Notification when the process finishes.
- The tablet will reboot automatically. Now disconnect the USB cable.
Congratulations you have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100.