Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210 is a 3rd generation tablet of popular Galaxy series. This is the first tablet from Samsung powered by dual-core Intel processor clocked at 1.6 GHz. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 has a 10.1 inch LCD display with 1280×800 resolution. Multitasking is handled by 1 GB RAM, there is also 16 GB internal memory. You can expand the storage using MicroSD card up to 64 GB in size. The tablet features 3.2 MP rear camera and there is 1.3 MP front facing camera. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 runs Android 4.2.2 with Samsung’s Touch Wiz skin on top.
In this tutorial we are going to show you how to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210 Wi-Fi version. The rooting is done by flashing TWRP Recovery by Odin then flashing the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 root files. So make sure you backup all important data before proceeding to next step.
- Make sure that the tablet has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About tablet> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important data and files. All data stored on the internal memory will be deleted.
- Make sure the tablet model is Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210 by going to “System settings>About tablet”.
How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5210 WiFi
- Download Odin v3.07 from this link and extract to your computer.
- Download TWRP Recovery from here and extract it on your computer. Keep extracting the archive until you get recovery.tar.md5 file.
- Now download Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 root file from here and transfer the root.zip file to internal memory of the tablet.
- Turn off the tablet and press Home+Power+Volume down button simultaneously until you get to a warning screen. Release the buttons and press Volume up button to continue. When the tablet is in download mode, connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- Start Odin and click on PDA button then select the file “recovery.tar.md5″.
- On the Odin window make sure “Re-partition” is unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.
- Once the flashing process is complete the tablet will reboot.
- When the tablet is rebooting press Home+Power+Volume up button to enter Recovery mode. From the TWRP recovery flash the root.zip file and reboot the tablet.
This was the guide to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210 Wi-Fi version. Open application drawer and you will find “SuperSU” app. To check whether you have successfully rooted the phone or not, you can install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.