Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is a successor to the hugely popular Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. It follows the new Samsung design line and comes with updated hardware and software features. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is powered by 1.2 GHz dual-core processor accompanied with 1 GB RAM. The tablet has 7 inch LCD display with 1024×600 resolution. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 features 3 MP rear camera and 1.3 MP front camera. The tablet comes pre-installed with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with Samsung’s TouchWiz skin on top.
It is possible to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 within help of Odin. We are going to flash a pre-rooted firmware using the Odin. It is recommended to backup all important data before proceeding to next step. This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210 or SM-T210R which are the Wi-Fi only variant. It will not work on the G capable variant.
- Make sure that the tablet has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About tablet> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the tablet model is Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210 or SM-T210R by going to “System settings>About tablet”
How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 WiFi SM-T210 & SM-T210R
- Download ODIN v3.07 from this link and extract to your computer.
- Download “prerooted.tar.md5” from here and extract it.
- Turn off the tablet and press Home+Power+Volume down button simultaneously until you get to a warning screen. Release the buttons and press Volume up button to continue. When the tablet is in download mode, connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- Start ODIN and click on PDA button then select the file “prerooted.tar.md5″
- On the ODIN window make sure “Repartition” is unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0.
- Once the rooting process is complete the tablet will reboot.
This was the guide to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 WiFi SM-T210 or SM-T210R. Open application drawer and you will find “SuperSU” app. To check whether you have successfully rooted the phone or not, you can install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.