Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 is the latest member of to Galaxy Tab S series. The most interesting feature of Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 is the beautiful 8.4 inch Super AMOLED display with amazing 1600×2560 px resolution which translate into 360 ppi pixel density. With 10.37 oz weight and 0.26″ thickness it is the lightest and slimmest tablet from Samsung. On the performance side this tablet is a beast. It is powered by Exynos 5 Octa (1.9Ghz Quadcore + 1.3 Ghz Quadcore) coupled with 3 GB RAM for ultimate performance. This tablet features 2.1 front camera and 8 MP rear camera which is capable of shooting Full HD video. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 comes packed with all the latest connectivity options like Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO, Bluetooth 4.0, MHL. There is also GPS connectivity on board. This tablet has 16 GB inbuilt memory which can be expended by using a MicroSD card. Samsung Galaxy Tab s 8.4 has 10 hours battery life while surfing the internet thanks to the huge 4900 mAh battery.
Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4:
If you are thinking to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 then here is this tutorial. You need a Windows computer and the original USB cable which comes with the tablet. You need to use Odin software to flash the essential rooting files.
- Make sure that the tablet has adequate charge (40-50% minimum) so that it doesn’t turn off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important files.
- Make sure the tablet model is Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700NZWAXAR by going to “System settings>About device”
How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
- Download the download CF_AutoRoot_Port_T700_BeansTown106.tar.md5.zip and extract it. You will get CF_AutoRoot_Port_T700_BeansTown106.tar.md5 file.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from this link and extract it on your computer.
- Now double click on Odin3 v3.09.exe and start it.
- Turn off the tablet and restart it in download mode by pressing Home+ Power+ Volume down buttons simultaneously. Once the tablet is in download it, connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- Wait some time until Odin detects the tablet and shows blue sign.
- On the Odin window, click on the AP button and select the “CF_AutoRoot_Port_T700_BeansTown106.tar.md5″ file.
- Ensure that Re-Partition is unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button to flash the firmware. It will take some time to complete the process.
- The tablet will reboot once the flashing is complete.
This was the guide to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4. If you have followed the guide carefully, you will be able to root the tablet successfully. To check whether the rooting is successful or not download “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store and test it.