Samsung Galaxy Trend GT S7392 is an affordable dual SIM Android smartphone. It is a dual SIM phone, it is also known as Samsung Galaxy trend Duos GT-S7392. This phone packs decent hardware and runs Android Jelly Bean operating system with Touch Wiz skin. This phone features 4 inch LCD display with 800×480 resolution. There is a 1 GHz single core processor powering the device. Samsung Galaxy Trend has a 3 MP rear camera. The phone offers microSD expansion which supports up to 64 GB cards.
This is the tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy Trend Duos GT S7392. You need to have a Windows computer and a USB cable. You should know how to use Odin and CWM recovery on the phone. First, we shall flash ClockworkMod custom recovery on the phone using Odin then we shall flash required rooting files from CWM recovery.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About tablet> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the phone model is Samsung Galaxy Trend GT-S7392 by going to “System settings>About device”. This rooting process is not for Samsung Galaxy Trend S7562. Please follow this guide to root Samsung Galaxy Trend Duos S7560.
How to root Samsung Galaxy Trend Duos GT-S7392
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from this link and extract it on your computer. You will get Odin3 v3.09.exe file.
- Download ClockworkMod (CWM) custom recovery from this link. Extract it on your computer, you will get rec_CM.tar.md5 file.
- Download latest version SuperSU from ARM devices from here.
- Now turn off the phone and restart it in download mode by pressing Home+ Power+ Volume down buttons simultaneously. Once the phone is in download it, connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- Wait some time until Odin detects the tablet and shows blue sign.
- On the Odin window, click on the AP button and select the “rec_CM.tar.md5″ file.
- Ensure that Re-Partition is unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button to flash the file. It will take some time to complete the process.
- The phone will reboot once the flashing is complete.
- Transfer the SuperSU zip file to the phone which you have downloaded in step 3.
- Again turn off the phone and restart it in recovery mode by pressing Home+ Power+ Volume up buttons simultaneously.
- Now follow on screen instruction on ClockworkMod recovery and flash the SuperSU zip file.
- Reboot the phone once the flashing is complete.
- Now open Google Play Store and install SuperSU app.
This was the guide to root Samsung Galaxy Trend Duos GT-S7392. If you have carefully followed the guide, then you will be able to root the phone without and problem. To check whether you have successfully rooted the phone or not, open Google Play Store and install “Root Checker” app.