How to root Sony Xperia M and Sony Xperia M Dual
Sony Xperia M is emerging as one of the most successful affordable Android smartphone from Sony. It features 4 inch LCD screen with 480×854 resolution. Sony Xperia M has dual core CPU clocked at 1GHz. There is 1GB RAM and 4GB internal memory. Sony Xperia M has 5MP rear camera and VGA front camera. The phone comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Sony Xperia M is available in both single SIM (C1904/C1905) and Dual SIM varient which is known as Sony Xperia M Dual C2004/C2005.
Sony Xperia M has been rooted already. You can easily root Sony Xperia M and Sony Xperia M Dual using the Framaroot APK rooting tool. Computer is not required to root Sony Xperia M. You can root in on the device itself.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (40-50% minimum) so that it doesn’t turn off in between the process.
- Back up all your important files.
- Make sure the phone model is Sony Xperia M C1904/C1905 or C2004/C2005 by going to “System settings>About device” and it is running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Warning: Please carefully follow all the steps mentioned in the article. We are not responsible if anything bad happens to your device. Rooting and installing Custom ROM will void manufacturer’s warranty.
How to root Sony Xperia M
- Download latest version of Framaroot .apk file from this link and transfer it to the phone’s internal memory.
- Make sure you have enabled installation of app from unknown sources by navigating to “Setting>Security” and then select “Unknown sources” checkbox.
- Open any file manager and go to the location here you have saved the Framaroot .apk file and install it.
- Now open app drawer and start the app called “Framaroot”.
- Click on Gandalf and wait till a success message is shown.
- Reboot the phone.
This was the guide to root Sony Xperia M using Framaroot. To check whether you have successfully rooted the phone or not, you can install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.