How to root Sony Xperia Z1 C6902/L39h/C6903/C6906/C6943
Sony Xperia Z1 is one of the hottest mobile phone of this season. It is successor to the popular Sony Xperia Z. This is a camera centric mobile phone with 20.7 MP large sensor which is capable of shooting amazing still and videos. Sony Xperia Z1 is powered by latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset clocked at 2.2 GHz coupled with Adreno 330 GPU. Sony Xperia Z1 features large 5 inch Full HD Triluminos display. This phone has 2GB RAM and 16GB internal memory which can be expended by microSD card. The phone has huge 3,000 mAh battery. Sony Xperia Z1 comes pre loaded with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system with some customization done by Sony. The phone is dust and water proof.
Sony Xperia Z1 has been rooted already. It is possible to root Sony Xperia Z1 using the one click rooting tool called 360Root. The rooting tool is in Chinese but if you follow the guide carefully, then you should not have any problem to root Sony Xperia Z1.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the phone model is Sony Xperia Z1 C6902/L39h/C6903/C6906/C6943 by going to “System settings>About phone”.
How to root Sony Xperia Z1
- Download 360Root from this link.
- Run the 360Root. You will get a prompt telling that you need to close adb.exe; do it.
- Connect the phone to computer using original USB cable. Make sure that USB debugging is enabled.
- Now start the 360Root again. On the top left corner it will show “ROOT” in red font. This means the phone is not rooted.
- To root the phone click on green button displaying “ROOT” which is in the bottom right corner.
- The rooting process will start. Wait till it completes and shows the message “Congratulations, rooting was successful”.
- Now to get the root permissions, click on the green button again which is located on the bottom right corner.
- Once the process is complete, “ROOT” will be displayed in blue font on the top left corner. This means the phone has been successfully rooted.
This was the guide to root Sony Xperia Z1 using 360Root. To check whether you have successfully rooted the phone or not, you can install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.