Sony Xperia ZR is a high end Android smartphone from Sony. It is powered by 1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 chipset along with 2GB RAM. Adreno 320 GPU is taking care of the graphically intensive tasks. Sony Xperia ZR features 4.5 inch LCD display with 1280×720 pixel resolution. The phone boasts 13MP rear camera with LED flash. It can shoot Full HD 1080p video at 30 fps. Sony Xperia ZR is a dust and waterproof mobile phone so you can take underwater photography. Sony Xperia ZR initially released with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean but now Android 4.2.2 update is available for this phone.
Sony Xperia ZR can be rooted using one click rooting tool. In this guide we will be using the DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit to root Sony Xperia ZR. The process is very easy and you just need a computer to root the phone. This process works on phones with both locked and unlocked bootloader.
- Make sure that the tablet has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the phone model is Sony Xperia ZR C5502/C5503/M35h by going to “System settings>About phone”.
- The phone should be running Firmware version 10.1.1.A.1.317. Rooting process will not work on other firmwares.
How to root Sony Xperia ZR:
- Enable installation from unknown sources. Open Settings>Security and then tick the “Unknown Sources” checkbox.
- Download DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v17_perf-event-exploit.zip from this link and extract to your computer.
- Connect the USB cable to the phone and then connect it to the computer. Make sure USB debugging mode is enabled.
- Now go back to the folder where you have extracted the downloaded archive. Click on the “RUNME.bat” file and follow on screen instructions to root Sony Xperia ZR.
- Once the rooting process is complete, unplug the phone from computer and reboot it.
This was the guide to root Sony Xperia ZR. Open application drawer and you will find “SuperSU” app. To check whether you have successfully rooted the phone or not, you can install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.