How to root Zopo ZP200 on Android 4.0 ICS
Zopo ZP200 is an interesting Android mobile phone from the Chinese manufacturer. It is one of the few phones which have glassless 3D display. On the front side Zopo ZP200 has 4.3 inch qHD display which can show 3D content. 1Ghz Mediatek chipset is powering the device with 1GB RAM. Zopo ZP200 initially released with older Android 2.3 but currently Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update is available for this mobile. Zopo ZP200 features rear facing 8MP main camera and VGA front camera for video calling.
Do you want to root Zopo ZP200? Yes, it is pretty simple to root Zopo ZP200. You can root the phone running the latest Android 4.0 update which has ZOPO Official Build number ZP200_120627_ICS.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (40-50% minimum) so that it doesn’t turn off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it.
- Back up all your important files.
- Make sure the phone model is Zopo ZP200 by going to “System settings>About device”.
Warning: Please carefully follow all the steps mentioned in the article. We are not responsible if anything bad happens to your device. Rooting and installing Custom ROM will void manufacturer’s warranty.
How to root Zopo ZP200
- Download Zopo ZP200 rooting file from this link and extract it on your computer. After extracting you will get a file called “V9_root.zip”.
- Connect the mobile phone to computer using USB cable and transfer the file V9_root.zip to phone’s internal memory.
- Disconnect the phone from computer and turn off the phone.
- Now you need to turn on the phone in recovery mode. To do this press Volume Down + Power Buttons simultaneously until you see exclamation mark on the on the screen. Press the volume up button to enter recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, use the volume buttons to navigate. Select the second option “apply update from sdcard” and then press the Power button to confirm it.
- Navigate and select the file “V9_root.zip” which you have transferred to the phone in step 2.
- Once in rooting is complete it will show a message Root Complete!
- Now restart the phone.
This was the guide to root Zopo ZP200. Open application drawer and you will find “SuperSU” app. To check whether you have successfully rooted the phone or not, you can install “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store.