Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat N7100XXUFND3 ROM
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 owners rejoice! The most awaited KitKat update is finally here. Samsung has started releasing Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for this hugely popular phablet. Currently this update is available in France through Samsung Kies. The KitKat update for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will be released in other regions in the coming weeks. The KitKat update has a build number N7100XXUFND3. The latest update brings all the goodness of Android KitKat and some new features also. The status bar is now transparent and has white icons, music album art is shown full screen on the lock screen, there is a new camera shortcut in lockscreen, it is now possible to set the default messaging app. It is reported that the performance and stability of the phone have improved after updating to KitKat. Apart from these new features there is updated version of Samsung KONX and Samsung Wallett. Unfortunately, none of the new Galaxy Note 3 features are available to the Note 2.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware details:
• Model: GT-N7100
• Model name: GALAXY Note II
• Country: France
• Version: Android 4.4.2
• Changelist: 1280411
• Build date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 17:52:29 +0000
• Product Code: XEF
• PDA: N7100XXUFND3
• CSC: N7100OXAFND3
• MODEM: N7100XXUFND3
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important data and files. All data stored on the internal memory card will be deleted.
- Make sure the phone model is Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 by going to “System settings>About device”. Don’t try to flash this ROM on GT-N7105 model.
How to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat N7100XXUFND3 ROM
- Download the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.4.2 firmware N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_XEF.zip and extract the contents on your computer.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from this link and extract it on your computer.
- Now double click on Odin3 v3.09.exe and start it.
- Turn off the phone and restart it in download mode by pressing Home+ Power+ Volume down buttons simultaneously. Once the phone is in download it, connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- Wait some time until Odin detects the phone and shows blue sign.
- On the Odin window, click on the AP button and select the “N7100XXUFND3_N7100OXAFND3_N7100XXUFND3_HOME.tar.md5″ file.
- Ensure that Re-Partition is unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button to flash the firmware. It will take some time to complete the process.
- The phone will reboot once the flashing is complete.
- If you experience issues like bootloop, Force Close etc. Perform wipe/factory reset.
- Turn off the phone and reboot it in recovery mode by pressing Home+ Power+ Volume up buttons simultaneously. Once you are in recovery mode select wipe/factory reset option. This will delete all data and files from the internal SD card.
- Now reboot the phone.
That was the guide to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat official ROM. Follow this guide to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat.