Manual update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 N9005XXUENA6 ROM
Samsung just started seeding latest Android 4.4.2 update to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 owners. This update is currently available to some lucky owners in Poland. In coming weeks this update will be available worldwide. Currently Android 4.4.2 KitKat update N9005XXUENA6 is only available for Snapdragon 800 powered Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005. Exynos powered Note 3 device owners have to wait some more time to get this update. Android KitKat brings all the goodness of most popular smartphone operating system to Samsung Galaxy Note 3. In this update Samsung has not made any major changes. There are some little user interface changes like the notification bar icons are now white. It is now possible to add camera shortcut in lockscreen and while playing music the album art is displayed in full screen. Apart from these minor changes it is reported that the phone feels more snappier and unlocking device feels faster. Performance of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has increased after updating to Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware N9005XXUENA6 details:
- Model: SM-N9005
- Country: Poland
- Version: Android 4.4.2
- Changelist: 340325
- Build date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 14:20:24 +0000
- Product Code: XEO
- PDA: N9005XXUENA6
- CSC: N9005OXXENA5
- MODEM: N9005XXUENA2
If you can not wait till the official update hit your phone, you can manually update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 official update by following this tutorial. This is an official firmware update so your phone’s warranty will not get void and flash counter will not increase. You need to have a Windows computer and original USB cable for this process.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important data and files. All data stored on the internal memory card will be deleted.
- Make sure the phone model is Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 by going to “System settings>About device”. Don’t try to flash this ROM on any other variants of Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Manual update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to official Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM N9005XXUENA6
- Download the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_OXX.zip and extract the contains on your computer.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from this link and extract it on your computer.
- Now double click on Odin3 v3.09.exe and start it.
- Turn off the phone and restart it in download mode by pressing Home+ Power+ Volume down buttons simultaneously. Once the phone is in download it, connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- Wait some time until Odin detects the phone and shows blue sign.
- On the Odin window, click on the AP button and select the “AP_N9005XXUENA6_340325_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5″ file. Click on BL button and select “BL_N9005XXUENA6_340325_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5″ file. Click on CP button and select “CP_N9005XXUENA2_REV03_CL1277177.tar.md5″ file and click on CSC button and select “CSC_ODD_N7100ODDEMK1_2099172_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5″ file.
- Ensure that Re-Partition is unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button to flash the firmware. It will take some time to complete the process.
- The phone will reboot once the flashing is complete. You may experience some issues like bootloop etc. So it is recommended to perform wipe/factory reset.
- Turn off the phone and reboot it in recovery mode by pressing Home+ Power+ Volume up buttons simultaneously. Once you are in recovery mode select wipe/factory reset option. This will delete all data and files from the internal SD card.
- Now reboot the phone.