Update Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5120 to Android 4.2.2 N5120XXCMG7
It looks like Samsung is on the roll! After releasing Android 4.2.2 update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and Galaxy S2 Plus now they are seeding Android 4.2.2 update to Samsung Galaxy Note LTE 8.0 GT-N5120. Some lucky UK users have received the Android 4.2.2 N5120XXCMG7 Jelly Bean update notification on their tablets. This Android 4.2.2 update for Galaxy Note 8.0 is also available via Samsung Kies. So what’s new in this update?
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Android 4.2.2 update brings new lock screen widgets, multiple user support on tablet, DayDream mode screensaver and a new notification panel. There are the usual bug fixes and performance enhancements as well.
Country: United Kingdom
Version: Android 4.2.2
Build date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:13:58 +0000
Product Code: BTU
Samsung will globally roll out the update for all Note 8.0 devices in the coming week. But you can now manually install official Android 4.2.2 on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5120 by following this tutorial.
- Make sure that the tablet has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the tablet model is Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE GT-N5120 by going to “System settings>About tablet”.
How to update Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5120 to official Android 4.2.2 N5120XXCMG7
- Download Odin from this link and extract on your computer. You will get Odin.exe file along with some other files.
- Download the official Android 4.2.2 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE (GT-N5120) “N5120XXCMG7_N5120BTUCMG7_BTU.zip” from here and extract it. You will get .tar.md5 file. There may be some additional files.
- Turn off the tablet and press Home+ Power + Volume down buttons simultaneously until you get to a warning screen. Release the buttons and press Volume up button to continue.
- Run Odin.exe on the computer as administrator.
- When the tablet is in download mode, connect it to the computer using USB cable. Odin will detect the tablet, the ID:COM box will turn yellow and it will show COM port number. If Odin cannot detect the device then you need to reinstall the USB drivers.
- In the Odin window click on PDA button then select the .tar.md5 file which you got after extracting the firmware file. Click the PHONE button, and choose the file with ‘modem’ in its name (ignore if there is no such file).
Click the CSC checkbox, and select the file with ‘csc‘ in its name (ignore if such file is missing).
Choose the PIT checkbox, and choose the .pit file. Use only the file obtained during extracting the firmware file, otherwise ignore it.
- In the Odin window make sure you have unchecked everything except “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time”. If you got a .pit file after extracting the firmware then only select “Re-Partition” option.
- Click on “Start” button to start the ROM installation process.
- The tablet will reboot once firmware installation is complete. You will see a “PASS” message on the Odin window. Now you can disconnect the tablet from the computer.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.