Install official Android 4.2.2 ROM I9105PXXUBMG8 on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I9105
Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus owners rejoice! An official Android 4.2.2 ROM I9105PXXUBMG8 Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I9105 leaked with all new Jelly Bean goodies and updated Touch Wiz features. The ROM has a built date July 24, so this is a recent ROM. This official Android 4.2.2 ROM for Samsung Galaxy SII Plus I9105 brings improved performance and several new Jelly Bean features like the ability to use widgets on the lock screen, new launcher, weather widget and lock screen like Samsung Galaxy S4. Overall the performance is smoother compared to earlier Android version. Most probably this is the last official update for Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus. This phone will not get Android 4.3 and 5.0 updates. The leaked official ROM is working fine but there may be some bugs. We are not sure whether this is final Android 4.2.2 ROM for Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus or not. But still if you can not wait for this update then follow the guide carefully to install official Android 4.2.2 I9105PXXUBMG8 ROM on Samsung Galaxy SII Plus I9105.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (40-50% minimum) so that it doesn’t turn off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important files.
- Make sure the phone model is Samsung Galaxy SII Plus I910 by going to “System settings>About device”.
Warning: Please carefully follow all the steps mentioned in the article. We are not responsible if anything bad happens to your device. Rooting and installing Custom ROM will void manufacturer’s warranty.
Guide to install official Android 4.2.2 ROM I9105PXXUBMG8 on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I910.
- Download Odin from this link and extract on your computer.
- Download the official Android 4.2.2 ROM “I9105PXXUBMG8_I9105POXABMG8_DBT.zip” from here and extract it.
- Start Odin and select PDA then select the file .md5 file which you got after extracting the firmware file.
- Turn off the phone and press Home+Power+Voulme Down button simultaneously until you see a screen asking to press a button to continue entering into download mode. When the phone is in download mode, connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- On the Odin windows make sure you have unchecked everything except “Auto reboot” and “F. Reset Time”.
- Click on Start to install the ROM on the phone.
- Phone will reboot once firmware installation is complete. Now disconnect the USB cable.
Congratulations! You have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 4.2.2.