How to update HTC One M7 to official Android Lollipop ROM
Are you still rocking the HTC One M7? You will be glad to that HTC finally released the official Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the phone. This update is now available for HTC One M7 Unlocked version and HTC One M7 Developer Edition. If you have any of these devices then you are good to go. This official update brings all the new features and enhancements of latest and greatest Android Lollipop to your phone. According to the official changelog it brings the new notification style on lockscreen and also new privacy features. The recent app section now displays multiple pages and the settings page now includes a search option to find any settings easily.
In this guide we are going to show you how to update HTC One M7 to Android Lollipop ROM using the official RUU. If you have rooted the phone or have not received the OTA you can follow this tutorial to update to the latest version of Android. You need a Windows computer along with an original USB cable to update HTC One M7 to Android Lollipop.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Back up all your important data and files. Manual update will delete all data stored in the device.
- Make sure the phone model is HTC One M7 by going to “System settings>About device”. This update works only on unlocked and Developer Edition of HTC One M7. Don’t try to install it on a carrier version (AT&T, T-Mobile, Varizon, Sprint etc.) of HTC One M7.
How to update HTC One M7 to Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM
- Download HTC One M7 Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM on your computer.
- Download HTC Sync Manager and install on your computer.
- Next connect your phone to the computer using original USB cable.
- The computer will recognize the phone. It might take a few minutes to recognize.
- Now go back to the folder where you saved the HTC One M7 Android Lollipop RUU file and double click on it to start the update process.
- Carefully follow the on screen instructions of update wizard. One the process is complete, click on Finigh.
- Now the phone will reboot and it will start will initial setup wizard.
- Complete the initial setup on phone and you are ready to use the phone.
This was the guide to install Android Lollipop on HTC One M7 Developer and Unlocked edition. If you faced any problem, post it in the comment section.