Update Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS to Android 4.2.2 Official PXXUBMG8
Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS (GT-I9082) is a mid range Android mobile phone powered by 1.2GHz dual-core coupled with 1GB RAM. It features 5 inch LCD display with 800×480 resoultion. The phone has 8MP rear camera and 2MP front facing camera. Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS GT-I9082 initially shipped with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system. Samsung just released official Android 4.2.2 update for Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS. The latest update brings many new features and enhancements like lock screen widgets, new notification panel, Daydream screen saver mode, new widgets and launcher from Samsung Galaxy S4. The performance of the phone will increase as well. The official Android 4.2.2 update for Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS has a build number I9105PXXUBMG8 and build date is 27th July. This update is right now available in Russia only. It will be available globally within a few weeks. If you cannot wait for the update, then you can manually update Samsung Galaxy S DUOS to official Android 4.2.2 I9105PXXUBMG8 ROM.
- Model Name: Galaxy Grand Duos
- Model Version: GT-I9082
- OS Version: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Build Date: 29.07.2013
- PDA: I9082XXUBMGA
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important data and files. You might have to delete all data stored in the phone.
- Make sure the phone model is Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS (GT-I9082) by going to “System settings>About device”.
Warning: Please follow all the steps mentioned in the tutorial carefully. We are not responsible if anything bad happens to your device. Rooting and installing custom firmware voids manufacturer warranty.
Update Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS (GT-I9082) to Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware I9105PXXUBMG8:
- Download Odin from this link and extract on your computer. You will get Odin.exe filealong with some other files.
- Download the official Android 4.2.2 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS (GT-I9082) “I9082XXUBMGA_I9082OXEBMGA_SER.zip” from here and extract it. You will get .tar.md5 file. There may be some additional files.
- Turn off the phone and press Home+ Power + Volume down buttons simultaneously until you get to a warning screen. Release the buttons and press Volume up button to continue.
- Run Odin.exe on the computer as administrator.
- When the phone is in download mode, connect it to the computer using USB cable. Odin will detect the phone, the ID:COM box will turn yellow and it will show COM port number. If Odin cannot detect the device then you need to reinstall the USB drivers.
- In the Odin window click on PDA button then select the .tar.md5 file which you got after extracting the firmware file. Click the PHONE button, and choose the file with ‘modem’ in its name (ignore if there is no such file).
Click the CSC checkbox, and select the file with ‘csc‘ in its name (ignore if such file is missing).
Choose the PIT checkbox, and choose the .pit file. Use only the file obtained during extracting the firmware file, otherwise ignore it.
- In the Odin window make sure you have unchecked everything except “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time”. If you got a .pit file after extracting the firmware then only select “Re-Partition” option.
- Click on “Start” button to start the ROM installation process.
- The phone will reboot once firmware installation is complete. You will see a “PASS” message on the Odin window. Now you can disconnect the phone from the computer.
If your phone gets stuck in boot loop or Samsung logo then You might have wipe all data from the device. To do this turn off the phone now press Home+ Power + Volume down buttons simultaneously to enter recovery mode. Use the volume buttons and power button to select the correct option to wipe the device.