Manual update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 N7100XXUEMK4 final ROM
Samsung has already updated Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 while Samsung Galaxy Note 3 owners are still waiting for the official update. Previously we have shared some leaked test build of Android 4.3 for Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Today a newer final build N7100XXUEMK4 for Android 4.3 has been leaked. It is availble for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 model only. If you have GT-N7105 then you have to wait some more time. This is one of the few final build so it contains all the new features and enhancements which will come with the official Android 4.3 update. SamMobile managed to get a flashable ROM. You can install this official Android 4.3 ROM on your Galaxy Note 2. It is reported that the ROM is quite stable and can be used without any issues.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 official Andorid 4.3 update changelog:
- OpenGL 3.0 Support
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 14:55:01 +0000
Product Code: INU
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important data and files. All data stored on the internal memory card will be deleted.
- Make sure the phone model is Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 by going to “System settings>About device”. Don’t try to flash this ROM on GT-N7105 model.
How to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 Final ROM N7100XXUEMK4
- Download the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 firmware N7100XXUEMK4_N7100ODDEMK1_N7100DDEMJ9_INU.zip and extract the contains on your computer.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from this link and extract it on your computer.
- Now double click on Odin3 v3.09.exe and start it.
- Turn off the phone and restart it in download mode by pressing Home+ Power+ Volume down buttons simultaneously. Once the phone is in download it, connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- Wait some time until Odin detects the phone and shows blue sign.
- On the Odin window, click on the AP button and select the “AP_N7100XXUEMK4_2099172_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5″ file. Click on BL button and select “BL_N7100XXUEMK4_2099172_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5″ file. Click on CP button and select “CP_N7100DDEMJ9_REV08_CL1423182.tar.md5″ file and click on CSC button and select “CSC_ODD_N7100ODDEMK1_2099172_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5″ file.
- Ensure that Re-Partition is unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button to flash the firmware. It will take some time to complete the process.
- The phone will reboot once the flashing is complete. You may experience some issues like bootloop etc. So it is recommended to perform wipe/factory reset.
- Turn off the phone and reboot it in recovery mode by pressing Home+ Power+ Volume up buttons simultaneously. Once you are in recovery mode select wipe/factory reset option. This will delete all data and files from the internal SD card.
- Now reboot the phone.