Samsung Galaxy S4 users rejoice! Today Samsung just started seeding the most awaited Android 4.3 update for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE. The I9505XXUEMJ5 update is available for LTE capable Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 model which is powered by Snapdragon 600 chipset. The Android Jelly Bean 4.3 update for Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with mostly stability and performance improvements along with some new features. It is reported that the performance of the phone has increased significantly after updating to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Sammobile created an unofficial changelog of this update-
Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 update changelog:
– OpenGL 3.0 Support
– GALAXY GEAR Support
– TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– ANT+ Support
– Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
– Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
– Improved RAM management
– Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
– Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
– New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
– New Camera firmware
– Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
Official Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 firmware details:
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 09:54:31 +0000
Product Code: DBT
This update is currently available in Germany only. Other countries will get the update in the coming weeks. If you are in Germany then you will get the update notification very soon. You can either update Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 using the OTA on the phone or using the Samsung Kies. Modified and rooted phones will not get official update using OTA or Kies so you have to manually update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 official stock ROM I9505XXUEMJ5 using Odin.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important data and files. All data stored on the internal memory card will be deleted.
- Make sure the phone model is Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 by going to “System settings>About device”. Don’t try to install this firmware on any other Samsung Galaxy S4 model.
Manual update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 I9505XXUEMJ5 ROM
- Download the Android 4.3 ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 from this link.
- Extract the archive on your computer and you will get the firmware file “AP_I9505XXUEMJ5_1869009_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_ CERT.tar.md5”.
- Download Odin3 v 3.09 this link and extract it.
- Now double click on Odin3 v3.09.exe and start it.
- Turn off the phone and restart it in download mode by pressing Home+ Power+ Volume down buttons simultaneously. Once the phone is in download it, connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- Wait some time until Odin detects the phone and shows blue sign.
- On the Odin window, click on the AP button and select the “AP_I9505XXUEMJ5_1869009_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_ CERT.tar.md5” file.
- Ensure that Re-Partition is unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button to flash the firmware. It will take some time to complete the process.
- The phone will reboot once the flashing is complete.
- You might experience some issues like bootloop, Force Close etc. So it is recommended to perform wipe/factory reset.
- Turn off the phone and reboot it in recovery mode by pressing Home+ Power+ Volume up buttons simultaneously. Once you are in recovery mode select wipe/factory reset option. This will delete all data and files from the internal SD card.
- Now reboot the phone.