Update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat I9505XXUFNA1 ROM
Samsung Galaxy S4 will be among the first few devices from the Koriean giant which will get Android KitKat update. Samsung has already started testing Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4. One leaked Android KitKat firmware is available for download. It is a test firmware so it might contain some bugs but overall it is quite stable. There are some minor changes and features. The notification bar icons are now white which looks great. Samsung keyboard has received some visual changes too. According to some initial reports performance of the phone has slightly improved.
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware details:
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 23:30:51 +0000
Product Code: OXA
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it. If you don’t see “Developer options” option then you need to enable it by going to “Settings>About device> Build number” and tap on Build number 7 times until you will see a message “You are now a developer”.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important data and files. All data stored on the internal memory card will be deleted.
- Make sure the phone model is Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 by going to “System settings>About device”.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM I9505XXUFNA1
- Download the Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 firmware I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_OXA.zip and extract the contains on your computer.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from this link and extract it on your computer.
- Now double click on Odin3 v3.09.exe and start it.
- Turn off the phone and restart it in download mode by pressing Home+ Power+ Volume down buttons simultaneously. Once the phone is in download it, connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- Wait some time until Odin detects the phone and shows blue sign.
- On the Odin window, click on the AP button and select the “I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_HOME.tar.md5″ file.
- Ensure that Re-Partition is unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button to flash the firmware. It will take some time to complete the process.
- The phone will reboot once the flashing is complete. You may experience some issues like bootloop etc. So it is recommended to perform wipe/factory reset.
- Turn off the phone and reboot it in recovery mode by pressing Home+ Power+ Volume up buttons simultaneously. Once you are in recovery mode select wipe/factory reset option. This will delete all data and files from the internal SD card.
- Now reboot the phone.