A few days ago Samsung released Android 4.2.2 update for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. Now they are updating the Wi-Fi variant of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The official Android 4.2.2 update is available in United Kingdom. It is available through Samsung Kies and OTA. The official Android 4.2.2 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 with build number is P3110XXDMH1 and build date is August 3.
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 brings all the new features of Jelly Bean like new notification panel, multiple user account, lock screen widgets, Daydream mode screensaver and some new Samsung Galaxy S4 like launcher and widgets. Performance and battery life of the device is improved as well.
Country: United Kingdom
Version: Android 4.2.2
Build date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 08:08:27 +0000
Product Code: BTU
This update will be available globally in coming days. But you can update Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 to official Android 4.2.2 right now with Odin.
- Make sure that the tablet has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the tablet model is Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110 by going to “System settings>About tablet”.
Warning: Please carefully follow all the steps mentioned in the article. We are not responsible if anything bad happens to your device. Rooting and installing Custom ROM will void manufacturer’s warranty.
Guide to install official Android 4.2.2 ROM P3110XXDMH1 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3110.
- Download Odin from this link and extract on your computer. You will get Odin.exe filealong with some other files.
- Download the official Android 4.2.2 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 “P3110XXDMH1_P3110OXADMH1_BTU.zip” from this link and extract it. You will get .tar.md5 file. There may be some additional files.
- Turn off the tablet and press Power + Volume down buttons simultaneously until you get to a warning screen. Release the buttons and press Volume up button to continue.
- Run Odin.exe on the computer as administrator.
- When the tablet is in download mode, connect it to the computer using USB cable. Odin will detect the tablet, the ID:COM box will turn yellow and it will show COM port number. If Odin cannot detect the device then you need to reinstall the USB drivers.
- In the Odin window click on PDA button then select the .tar.md5 file which you got after extracting the firmware file.
- Click the PHONE button, and choose the file with ‘modem’ in its name (ignore if there is no such file).
- Click the CSC checkbox, and select the file with ‘csc‘ in its name (ignore if such file is missing).
- Choose the PIT checkbox, and choose the .pit file. Use only the file obtained during extracting the firmware file, otherwise ignore it.
- In the Odin window make sure you have unchecked everything except “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time”. If you got a .pit file after extracting the firmware then only select “Re-Partition” option.
- Click on “Start” button to start the ROM installation process.
- The tablet will reboot once firmware installation is complete. You will see a “PASS” message on the Odin window. Now you can disconnect the tablet from the computer.
If your tablet gets stuck in boot loop or Samsung logo then You might have wipe all data from the device. To do this turn off the phone now press Power + Volume down buttons simultaneously to enter recovery mode. Use the volume buttons and power button to select the correct option to wipe the device.