Samsung just started rolling out Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100. This update with build number P3100XXDMG6 brings some new features along with regular Android Jelly Bean goodies. Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 comes with lock screen widgets, multiple user account support, dedicated notification panel in the status bar, Daydreams screensaver, new widgets and launcher from Samsung Galaxy S4. As usual there are regular bug fixes and performance improvements. You can expect better battery life also. This might be the last official Android 4.2.2 update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Because this tablet will unlikely get Android 4.3 update. This update is currently only available in France. But you can manually update Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to Android 4.2.2 official ROM (P3100XXDMG6).
Version: Android 4.2.2
Build date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 02:17:49 +0000
Product Code: XEF
- Make sure that the tablet has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from this link and install on your computer. If you have Samsung Kies installed then skip this step.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the tablet model is Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3100 by going to “System settings>About tablet”.
Warning: Please carefully follow all the steps mentioned in the article. We are not responsible if anything bad happens to your device. Rooting and installing Custom ROM will void manufacturer’s warranty.
Guide to install official Android 4.2.2 ROM P3100XXDMG6 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100.
- Download Odin from this link and extract on your computer. You will get Odin.exe file along with some other files.
- Download the official Android 4.2.2 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 “P3100XXDMG6_P3100OXADMG6_XEF.zip” from here or here (non Hotfile link) and extract it. You will get .tar.md5 file. There may be some additional files.
- Turn off the tablet and press Power + Volume down buttons simultaneously until you get to a warning screen. Release the buttons and press Volume up button to continue.
- Run Odin.exe on the computer as administrator.
- When the tablet is in download mode, connect it to the computer using USB cable. Odin will detect the tablet, the ID:COM box will turn yellow and it will show COM port number. If Odin cannot detect the device then you need to reinstall the USB drivers.
- In the Odin window click on PDA button then select the .tar.md5 file which you got after extracting the firmware file.
- Click the PHONE button, and choose the file with ‘modem’ in its name (ignore if there is no such file).
- Click the CSC checkbox, and select the file with ‘csc‘ in its name (ignore if such file is missing).
- Choose the PIT checkbox, and choose the .pit file. Use only the file obtained during extracting the firmware file, otherwise ignore it.
- In the Odin window make sure you have unchecked everything except “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time”. If you got a .pit file after extracting the firmware then only select “Re-Partition” option.
- Click on “Start” button to start the ROM installation process.
- The tablet will reboot once firmware installation is complete. You will see a “PASS” message on the Odin window. Now you can disconnect the tablet from the computer.