Sony kept their promise, finally the improved Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware is available for Sony Xperia S LT26i. This update is right now available through OTA over-the-air and via the Sony PC Companion. Sony Xperia S owners should be receiving update notification on your phone soon. This Sony Zperia S Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bran official update with firmware version 6.2.B.1.96 brings some stability and performance improvements. Sony has released the official change log of this 6.2.B.1.96 update:
-Addressed an abnormality in the white balance
-Improved the Quick Launch button functionality
-Smoothed out (1080p) video recording, minimizing lag
For apps, services & data:
-Streamlined Exchange Active Sync, particularly when running an encrypted set-up
-Boosted connection stability for 2G network data
-Ensured preferences on 3rd party apps remain after reboot – not a common problem, but we understand it can be a frustrating one!
-Economised power consumption, and heat dispersion for longer life
-Corrected juice level notifications, especially when running low
And for hardware & UI:
-Introduced a home key long-press to launch Google Now, and a double-press to launch Recent Apps
-Made sure the volume “up” button is fully responsive
- Make sure that the tablet has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Enable USB debugging by going to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable it.
- Back up all your important data and files.
- Make sure the phone model is Sony Xperia S LT26i by going to “System settings>About phone”.
Warning: Please carefully follow all the steps mentioned in the article. We are not responsible if anything bad happens to your device. Rooting and installing Custom ROM will void manufacturer’s warranty.
Update Sony Xperia S LT26i to Android 4.1.2 Official firmware
- First download and install Sony Flashtool on your computer. Flashtool folder will be created on computer’s C drive.
- If you are using the Flashtool for the first time then you need to install devicesdrivers. For this navigate to C:\Flashtool\drivers and double click on Flashtool-drivers.exe file follow the on screen instructions to install Sony Xperia S drivers.
- Connect your Xperia S to the computer using USB cable when the phone is on. Make sure all essential drivers are installed on the computer.
- Download XperiaS_LT26i_6.2.B.1.96_1257-6919.ftf and move it to this location C:\Flashtool\firmwares
- Navigate to the Flashtool folder and click on the Flashtool icon to launch the software. In the Flashtool window click on the lighting icon which you will find on the top left corner. Now select “Flashmode” and hit “OK” button.
- A new window will open. If you like the wipe the device before flashing then select “Data, Cache, Appslog” check boxes otherwise leave then unchecked.
- Under the Source folder section, browse and select the file XperiaS_LT26i_6.2.B.1.96_1257-6919.ftf from C:\Flashtool\firmwares location.
- Click on the Flash button to start flashing the phone.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer and turn off the phone.
- Now you need to put the phone into download mode. To do this press the Volume down button and connect it to the USB cable.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the computer and the phone display will remain blank.
- Observe the Flashtool on computer. It will continue flashing the file XperiaS_LT26i_6.2.B.1.96_1257-6919.ftf to the phone.
- When the flashing is complete you will get a “Flashing finished” message.
- Disconnect the phone from computer and reboot it.
- Now the phone will boot into latest 6.2.B.1.96 firmware. You check this navigate to Settings>About Phone>Android & Baseband version.
Congratulations! You have successfully updated Sony Xperia S LT26i to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware version 6.2.B.1.96.