HTC One users rejoice! HTC started seeding the most awaited Android Lollipop update to the HTC One M7 and M8 users around the globe. The Sprint variant of the HTC One M8 also received the Android 5.0 update. The update is available via OTA and manual update via RUU. If you have a Sprint HTC One M8 device, then you should already receive the Android 5.0 update notification. The Android Lollipop update brings all the goodness of Lollipop to your phone along with some new enhancements like updated Lock screen and Notification UI and enhanced privacy features. Now there is a search feature in the settings page and recent apps now support multiple pages. HTC has removed the Lumen toolbar in this update.
In this article we are going to show you how to update Sprint HTC One M8 to Android 5.0 Lollipop manually using RUU. The process is simple and easy to follow. You need a Windows computer and original USB cable.
- Make sure that the phone has adequate charge (50% minimum) so that it doesn’t get turned off in between the process.
- Back up all your important data and files. Manual update will delete all data stored in the device.
- Make sure the phone model is Sprint HTC One M8 by going to “System settings>About device”
How to manually update HTC One M8 to official Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Download Sprint HTC One M8 Android 5.0 ROM on your computer.
- Download HTC Sync Manager and install on your computer.
- Next connect your phone to the computer using original USB cable.
- The computer will recognize the phone. It might take a few minutes to recognize.
- Now go back to the folder where you saved the Sprint HTC One Android Lollipop RUU file and double click on it to start the update process.
- Carefully follow the on screen instructions of update wizard. One the process is complete, click on Finigh.
- Now the phone will reboot and it will start will initial setup wizard.
- Complete the initial setup on phone and you are ready to use the phone.